The Small Print
These are terms and conditions on which Sloane Place contracts with you. Your contract will be with the operating company of Sloane Place, 62 Lower Sloane Street, London SW1W 8BP, which is The Sloane Club Management Limited (Company Number 02611185, registered at 52 Lower Sloane Street, London SW1W 8BS). These terms and conditions will apply when you book a room or any additional services at Sloane Place.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before you make your booking with us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide our services to you, how we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information. You will be asked to confirm the acceptance of these terms when you make a booking.
In some areas you will have different rights under these terms depending on whether you are a business or consumer. You are a consumer if:
- You are booking your stay with us wholly or mainly for your personal use (not for use in connection with your trade, business, craft or profession).
- Entering into a legally binding contract
- A contract between you and us will come into existence when you book a room with Sloane Place.
- Sloane Place will confirm the booking of a room and any additional services to the email address provide at the time of booking. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours of booking, please contact us immediately at email@example.com
- Before you book a room you should carefully check the details of your booking and these terms and conditions. Sloane Place will not be liable for any losses which occur as a result of an error or omission in the details provide by you.
- You should keep a copy of these terms and conditions for your records.
1. Rooms, Rates and Payment
- The price of the rooms are those shown at the time of your booking and are on a per room per night basis.
- There are two available rates for each room, as set out below:
Best Flexible Rate: By booking our Best Flexible Rate you will be eligible to amend, vary or cancel your booking up to two days prior to arrival (London time). A valid credit card is required to secure the booking and it will be charged two days prior to arrival for the full accommodation charges. In the event of late notice, or no notice, one night will be charged at the average room rate of the original booking. In the case of an early check-out, you must notify the hotel of the change in check-out date by 3pm, 1 day prior to the new check out date. In the event of late notice, or no notice, one additional night will be charged at the average room rate of the original booking. Failure to adhere to the payment requirements will result in your reservation being cancelled. Should you wish to re-book, this will be charged as per the published rate at the time of re-booking.
Advance Purchase Rate: A fully prepaid non-refundable deposit is required at time of booking. Your credit card will be charged on the day of the reservation. Save for the inclusion of further additional services, no amendments, variation or cancellation to the booking is allowed. Your credit card details are kept on file for the purpose of guaranteeing any extras during your stay with us. Reservations cancelled will incur a cancellation charge of the full prepaid amount. Payment is non-transferable and non-refundable. In case of an early check out there will be no refund available.
- At Sloane Place, we do everything we can to make our hotel comfortable to all. We recognise that there is no single hotel design or layout that will entirely meet all individuals’ needs and preferences. If, during your stay, you feel that there is something we can do to assist you or make you more comfortable, please talk to our hotel team.
- You must be at least 16 years old to make a booking.
- The resale of any rooms or booking is strictly forbidden. If you advertise, resell or attempt to resell your booking (in whole or in part), Sloane Place reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain any fees paid of that booking
Pre-Authorisation: On arrival, a £50 pre-authorisation via chip and pin will be required from the same card used to pay for the accommodation charges. The card holder may also be required to provide photo ID (passport, Driving License or ID card) which matches the payment card. This charge can be redeemable against any food, drink or additional services that you order during your stay, or alternatively released on your departure.
3. Additional Services
- Although Sloane Place will try to accommodate any special requests, Sloane Place cannot guarantee the availability of any particular room or service to meet that request.
4. Behaviour and Use of the Room
- Unless an early check-in has been requested (for which a charge may be levied), rooms are available at any time after 3pm on the date of arrival but please let the hotel know if you are likely to arrive after 11pm.
- If you fail to check in at the hotel by 11pm on the day of your arrival and have not contacted us to confirm your late arrival or intention to still use a portion of your booking, then you will be deemed a non-arrival. Accordingly your room will be released for the duration of your stay and may be booked by another guest.
- Unless a late check-out has been requested (for which a charge may be levied), rooms must be vacated by 11am on the day of departure. Failure to vacate the room by this time will incur a late check-out charge.
- All guests will be asked to provide photographic ID on arrival.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted to stay in the hotel unless a parent or guardian is also staying in the hotel.
During your stay at Sloane Place you will not:
- Exceed the maximum stated room capacity (usually 2 people);
- Smoke anywhere inside Sloane Place including the smoking of e-cigarettes. Guests who contravene this will be asked to leave and a room cleaning charge of £250 will be added to the final account;
- Bring any pets onto Sloane Place premises, with the exception of assistance dogs;
- Bring any potentially dangerous or hazardous materials or equipment onto Sloane Place premises;
- Use any electrical appliances that may set off the fire alarm system, such as toasters, mini cookers or portable grills;
- Tamper with any fire alarms or emergency equipment;
- Remove, damage or destroy any Sloane Place property;
- Use any of the technology provided by Sloane Place to download or access any unlawful or obscene material; or
- Cause unreasonable disturbance to our other guests or any Sloane Place team member.
If you or other members of your group cause damage or loss of any kind to the hotel, other guests or their property, or otherwise breach any of these terms and conditions:
- You (as the person making the booking) will be responsible for that damage or loss and you shall be liable to pay to Sloane Place on demand the amount required to make good or remedy such damage or loss;
- Sloane Place reserves the right to cancel your booking with immediate effect and (if appropriate) ask you to leave the Sloane Place premises;
- Sloane Place reserves the right to retain all sums paid by you and/or charge you the full amount of your booking; and
- Sloane Place reserves the right to refuse future bookings from you and/or refuse you entry or accommodation at any of our hotels.
Sloane Place will not be liable for any refund or compensation in such circumstances.
5. Cancellations & Refunds
Your right to cancellation
- Where you amend, vary or cancel a booking in accordance with these terms and conditions and an additional fee is due, the amendments shall only take effect upon confirmation from the hotel.
- Where you amend, vary or cancel a booking in accordance with these terms and conditions and a full or partial refund is due, the applicable amount will be refunded to the card used to make the booking.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights.
Sloane Place’s right to cancel
- Sloane Place may cancel your booking at any time with immediate effect by giving you written notice (which includes notice by email) if you break the contract between us in any material way.
- If we cancel your booking where you are at fault, we reserve our legal rights in respect of your breach of contract.
- Sloane Place may also cancel your booking if an event outside of our control (including industrial action, explosion, fire, flooding, and failure of power and/or water supplies or emergency evacuation) means that we are unable to make your room(s) available to you. In this case we will contact you to let you know as soon as possible and we will refund the monies you have paid in respect of your booking.
- Save as set out above, Sloane Place will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by an event outside of our control.
- Refunds will be processed to the same debit/credit card you used to make your booking and normally processed before 9am the next working day. However it may take a few days for the funds to return to your account.
6. Data protection
7. Limitation of Liability
- Consumer contracts:If you are making the booking as a consumer, Sloane Place’s liability to you is limited in accordance with Section 8 below.
- If Sloane Place fails to comply with these terms and conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer which is a foreseeable result of our breaking this contract or our failing to use reasonable care and skill in providing the services. We are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- Sloane Place does not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- As you are a consumer we are not liable for business losses.
- All prices given are inclusive of VAT (where applicable).
- Sloane Place reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time and you should therefore review the terms each time you make a booking. The terms and conditions which apply to your booking will be the terms and conditions in effect at the time you make (or amend) the booking.
- The obligations and duties which you owe under these terms and conditions can be enforced by Sloane Place, The Sloane Club Management Limited or any of their franchisees, licensees, associates, subsidiaries or affiliates.
- Subject to Section 9, the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 this contract is not intended to, and does not, give any other person who is not a party to it any right to enforce any of its provisions.
- Where you have any rights under any relevant consumer protection legislation, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect those rights.
- If you are a consumer you agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. If you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland. We retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these terms and conditions in your country of residence or any other relevant country.
- If you are a business, you agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute between the parties.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by us to enforce our rights or remedies under these terms and conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by us of those or any other rights or remedies.
9. Contacting each other
- Where we need to contact you, we will contact you using the email address provided at the time of booking.
- If you need to contact us or require any further information, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alternatively you can write to us at our registered office Sloane Place, 52 Lower Sloane Street, London, SW1W 8BS.
- Sloane Place is part of the Queensway Group.